Submission deadline: 14th January 2018
At: AISB Conference, Liverpool, UK, 4-6 April 2018
The longest running convention on Artificial Intelligence, AISB 2018 will be held in 2018 at the University of Liverpool.
As in the past years, AISB 2018 provides a unique forum for presenting cutting edge research and burning issues around all areas of AI.
The theme for this year is “AI for the Digital Society”.
The AI, Games & VR Symposium, acts as a meeting place for researchers and practitioners from academia, education and industry who are involved with the design, development and evaluation of AI in the context of games or virtual reality and any other form of immersive experience (e.g. 360 videos)
It focuses on the application of artificial intelligence or intelligent-like techniques, frameworks and theories to the creation of interactive engaging intelligent games. It will address the following areas of research and practice:
- The use of AI techniques (planning, learning, evolution etc.) in games, VR and the game/VR design process.
- The design and engineering of AI components in commercial games, virtual environments, VR technology, Immersive experiences
- AI for serious games, gamification, virtual environments
Automatic or semi-automatic procedural content generation
Intelligent or adaptive player interaction
- AI for player/user analytics and modelling player/user behaviour or experience.
- Agent pathfinding and decision-making in games and virtual reality applications
- Using games or simulations as a platform for building intelligent agents
Environmental simulations for games/VR/immersive experiences
Interactive narrative generation
- Intelligent Narrative Technologies
- Player perceptions of game AI, VR AI, Immersive experience AI
- Experimental AI & Games, AI & VR, AI & immersive experience
Papers connecting games to all areas of computational intelligence and traditional AI are considered.
Authors could be specialised in: AI, machine learning, planning, narrative, education and training, media, multimedia, game design and development, game interaction design, characters design, interaction design and evaluation for children and/or adults , virtual reality technology, virtual reality, and any other relevant area.
Submissions invited :-
- Extended Abstracts (2-4 pages)
- Short papers (4-6 pages)
- Posters (one slide, and one page for the proceedings)
- Demonstrations (2 pages description of what is going to be demonstrated)
- Tutorials (max 2 pages description of planned tutorial content)
Submissions will be via the Easychair website at :-
Deadline (extended) for all submissions: 14th January 2018